10 Tips to Boost Your Immunity
When it comes to staying up-to-date, boosting your immune system is wellness 101. Better yet, it’s simpler than you might think (and tastes great, too!). Additionally, washing your hands properly, eating healthy foods and avoiding people who are sick can help to boost your immunity. Follow these tips regularly to protect yourself against viruses and support a strong immune system.
- LAUGHTER THERAPY
Laughing your heart out can boost your immunity along with your mood. It raise the level of antibodies in the blood and wbc that kill viruses with increasing the number of antibodies in respiratory passages, the entry points for many germs.
- SING YOUR WAY TO THE HEALTHY LIFE
Singing helps in increasing antibodies in the bodies and boost the immune system. If you can’t sing out loud in front of anyone, belt out your favorite tunes in the shower.
- GO FOR FRIENDLY FATS
Fats are essential for building cells and hormones that regulate the immune system’s response to infection, such as the way it reacts by making white blood cells that fights bacterias. The secret is to choose your fats wisely and opt for unsaturated vegetable fats rather than saturated ones from animal foods, which reduce the ability of white blood cells to kill germs. Avoid trans fat which contains ‘hydrogenated’ on their label as they interfere with your immune system.
- STAY FAR AWAY FROM SUGAR
10 teaspoons of sugar, 1 cans of soda or a tetra pack of your favorite juice, are all same. They impair the ability of white blood cells to kill bacteria, go for a natural sweetener, go for stevia to boost your immunity. Here is how you can limit your sugar intake easily.
- EXERCISE DAILY
When you exercise you produce more of the white blood cells that attack bacteria, so the more regularly you exercise, the lasting the changes become. Moderation is key.
- BUT GET REST TOO
If you do intense workout for 90 minutes, macrophages (germ fighting cells) decrease temporarily while increasing the risk of infection. These cells are produced while resting, so always include plenty of recovery days in your training schedule to preserve immune system health.
- DON’T BE CARELESS
Your mom was right when she asked you layer up in winters or wear socks. There are more chances of catching an infection if you are out without a gear in cold climate as it reduces the supply of white blood cells, the immune system’s first line of defense against invaders.
- FOOD TO BOOST IMMUNITY
Feed yourself with these foods to keep your immune system strong!
- CITRUS FRUITS: fruits like tangerine, grapefruit, orange, lemon contains a shitload amount of vitamin C, which helps in building white blood cells for boosting immunity.
- RED BELL PEPPER: These contains twice of the vitamin C as citrus fruits. They are also rich in beta-carotene which maintains healthy skin along with boosting immunity.
- BROCCOLI: broccoli is packed with nutrients like vitamin A, C, E, antioxidants & fiber. It is the healthiest vegetable you can have.
- GARLIC: one clove contains 5mg of calcium, 12 mg of potassium, and more than 100 sulphuric compounds. It has superpowers to kill bacteria.
- SPINACH: it contains beta carotene and other nutrients which helps in building immunity.
- ALMONDS: almonds with skin boost your immune system and keep viruses at bay
- FISH: fish contains omega 3 which is essential to build immunity boosting cells.
- MUSHROOMS: this fungus stimulates the production of T-cells which protects the body from infection & strengthen the immune response.
Eating right is the best start, and there are other things you can do to protect you and your family from the flu, cold, and other illnesses. Start eating right, exercising, take out time for yourself and make this your lifestyle. We believe in science based nutrition for everyone and our customized meal plans and training plans are curated with complete vitamin profiling to improve and boost your immune system for a long run!
Believe in yourself
Stay the course, and`