Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
- 1 large head of cauliflower (7″ – 8″ wide and 3-3.5 lbs) or 1 bag of store bought cauliflower rice
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, grated/shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings (dried oregano or basil)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line round pizza baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and separate into florets with a paring knife. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until “rice” texture. Some coarse chunks are fine.
- Place cauliflower rice on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove cooked cauliflower rice from the oven and transfer to a bowl lined with a double/triple layered cheesecloth or linen towel.
- Then squeeze the liquid out of the ball (cauliflower inside the cheesecloth) as hard as you can. Be patient and do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out. Muscle work.:)
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl along with egg, cheese, herb seasoning, salt, black pepper and mix to combine. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the same baking sheet you roasted cauliflower rice on (use the same parchment paper, you can swap it for a new one if it gets too soggy), and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes and remove from the oven. If you would like a crispy cauliflower pizza crust, flip it and bake for a few more minutes until crispy.
- Top with your favourite toppings and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown. Slice and enjoy.
Nutritional Info (crust only, no toppings)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving = 1 slice:
Total Fat: 2.7 g
Cholesterol: 28.2 mg
Sodium: 191.6 mg
Total Carbs: 5.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
Protein: 5.5 g