Grilled Fish Recipe
- 24 ounces catfish fillets or 24 ounces other mild fish
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, about 1 Tbsp.
- 3 green onions, chopped, green and white parts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- lemon wedge (optional)
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, green onions, minced onion, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir to mix well.
- Place fish in a zipper seal bag and pour liquid mixture over it. Seal and marinate in the refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Oil grill grate or fish basket really well and preheat grill to medium high. Grill fish for 4 minutes on each side. Flip the fish only once and brush with reserved marinade when flipped.
- NOTE: Fish is completely cooked when the color turns from translucent to opaque (white) or has reached a 150-degree F internal temperature. Resist the temptation to over-cook fish until it “flakes,” which indicates the fish is becoming dry.
Nutrition Facts (1 small fish):
Total Fat: 5g