HEALTHY BESAN KE GATTE
One of the most famous Rajasthani dish Besan Ke Gatte, when cooked in ParaStyle way, becomes extremely nutritious and rich in protein. Savor this recipe with roti and raita.
INGREDIENTS FOR BESAN KE GATTE
- 1 1/4 cup gram flour (Besan)
- 1 1/4 cup yogurt (curd)
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 6 clove
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- For Garnishing
- 2 teaspoon chopped mint leaves
- 4 chopped green chili
- 1/4 tablespoon garam masala powder
METHOD FOR BESAN KE GATTE
- Start with Whisking together ginger, 1 tsp mint leaves with 1/4 cup yogurt, gram flour, 1 tsp cumin seeds, half of the red chili powder and some warm water. Knead into a hard, pliable dough. shape into 6 to 8 inch long cylinders.
- Boil 6 cups of water & Cook the cylinders for 20 minutes. Remove them and dip them into cold water. Cut the cylinders into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai over moderate flame. Deep fry the cylinders till golden brown.
- Whisk the remaining yogurt in a bowl. Add coriander powder, the remaining red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan over moderate flame. Add the remaining cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves. When the cumin seeds start to splutter, stir in the hearing. Reduce the flame and add the yogurt mixture. Cook on a low flame till the gravy starts boiling.
- Add 2 cups of the reserved liquid to the pan and bring it to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cylinders and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the stove and pour the dish in a serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining mint leaves, green chilies. Your besan ke gatte are ready.
ALSO CHECK : soya chaap recipe
Or just get tasty, healthy meals delivered right at your doorstep with ParaFit Delivers