Red lentils are low in calories and rich in protein. They are also good dietary source of iron and folate that keeps hemoglobin levels in check. Lentils are also packed with polyphenols that may reduce heart disease risk to a great extent. Kinds of Garlic are also hearted friendly superfoods that help in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) from your body.
- 40 grams red lentils- rinsed and drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ bay leaf
- Pinch oregano
- ½ cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Celery leaves, to garnish
- Start with heating olive oil and add bay leaf, onion and garlic to it.
- Now put all lentils, water, salt, and pepper in the pan
- Bring to a boil over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with celery leaves, and season with oregano.
- Serve hot
Pro tip- You can also blend the soup after simmering, for a smoother consistency.
for more healthy recipes: https://parafit.in/category/recipes/