Soya chunks sabzi recipe
1/2 cup soya chunks (nuggets)
1/2 cup boiled green peas
1/4 cup curds (dahi)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp jeera
1/2 tsp dhaniya powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Combine the soya chunks, salt and 1 cup of hot water in a bowl and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes. Discard the drained water and keep the squeezed soya chunks aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame until golden brown
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook them until oil starts separating on the sides.
- Add little water to make light gravy and let it boil.
- Add the soya chunks, green peas, salt, dhaniya powder and garam masala mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring once in between. Mngvaye