Ingredients: 2 tbsp chopped spring onion, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/3 cup chopped carrots, 1/3 cup chopped green cabbage, 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels, 1/3 cup chopped French beans, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, ½ tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp corn starch, ½ tbsp olive oil, 2 ½ cups water or vegetable stock, salt to taste.
- Chop all the veggies (carrot, cabbage, French beans, onion and garlic) into small pieces.
- Add 2 tablespoons corn starch in a small bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and mix well.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed stockpot over medium flame. Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage, sweet corn kernels, French beans and salt (only for veggies).
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups water or vegetable stock. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. When it starts boiling, add salt (as required).
- Add black pepper powder.
- Add corn starch water mixture and stir continuously for a minute to prevent lump formation.
- Stir and cook until mixture turns thick and no raw smell of corn starch. It will take around 7-8 minutes. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Soup is ready for serve.