Top 5 hacks to manage your diet while travelling
Ever said, “I’d like to get in shape, but I travel too much?”
If so, then this blog is for you!
As the holidays approach, many of us begin to think of a trail to visit various destinations. These long trips for several hours each day makes our skin suffer the foremost, which is why we need to ensure that we stay healthy before and during the trip. Choosing healthy foods on the go doesn’t have to be impossible; with a little preparation you can plan a healthy vacation while staying on your fitness goal!
- Eat PCF balanced meals – That means your meals should be balanced in protein, carbs and healthy fats everyday. Protein rich food helps your immunity system to work properly and gives you the energy to keep going. Fats are portable, most of the times. A handful serving of nuts and seeds helps in nourishing blood cells and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Choose smart supplements – Keeping supplements should be your top priority while travelling in order to complete nutritional shortfalls such as probiotics, Vitamin B and Omega 3s.
- Eat small and regularly – Eating smaller meals helps your body to function more efficiently. The regular influx of food will keep your energy level stable, which makes it easier for you to cope up with everything you have to do.
- Make sure not to skip meals – Often, while travelling we don’t have access to food at regular intervals so we tend to skip meals, which is worse. It makes our metabolism slow to prevent us from starving. The best way to cope up with this situation is to pack healthy snacks in your backpack such as nuts, yogurt and fresh fruits.
- Drink a lot of water –Traveller must be mindful of their water intake! Drinking plenty of water can be effective in preventing body from dehydration, which can cause negative effects without even knowing. Water helps in flushing out toxins from the body and make skin feel fresh.
Tips to remain healthy and fit while travelling
- In the days leading up to your trip, make sure to get enough sleep. It will help you to feel fresh and energetic throughout the day.
- If you begin the day eating terribly, you might end up feeling bloated all day long. So, make sure to start with a healthy breakfast, which fuels your energy for the rest of the day.
- Regular travel can wreck your gut health. Make sure to pack food while on the go. Prunes have proven GI benefits; a single serving of 3-4 prunes can help support good digestive health.
- Keep your hangry monsters mute by eating granola bars in between meals.
- Know exactly what you’re eating. Something that appears good may not always be healthy, like those fancy salads with heavy dressings or cheese. So, make sure to do a bit of research before you travel somewhere.
Travelling is great! But staying on the plan and eating healthy can bring lots of challenges. Remember that it’s all about balance. If you know there’s is oil in your meal, consider choosing sautéed veggies to accompany it. There’s no need to feel like you are stuck and can’t have mouth- watering food, with a little planning and preparation you can easily adhere you lifestyle while on the go. We at ParaFit make easy to follow customized diet plan, which helps you to achieve your fitness goal in shortest period of time. Know unlimited substitutes options of the meal wherever you go by our 24*7 nutritionist support system. So, being fit while on the go would never a problem.