Best protein powder for weight loss
When it comes to health and weight loss many people worry that consuming protein will make them too “bulky”. To put such concerns to rest, we must first better understand what is protein powder and how you should use it for ones benefit. Most people find it difficult to get plenty of protein via diet alone so they go for supplements such as protein powder. Although protein powder isn’t just for people who are looking to boost their muscles but it can also helps in losing weight if used correctly. Now, the question is what kind of protein powder for weight loss – Whey, pea, soy or casein? This blog contains summary of the key things you need to know about whey protein.
It is easy to be confused by the tons of different protein powders on store shelves. Use this handy breakdown to determine which is best for your personal needs and dietary preferences
- Whey protein powder: Whey protein is the by-product of processed dairy in such products like cheese and yogurt, which goes through two different filtration processes to wind up to give either WPI or WPC. Whey is an excellent addition to your diet as it is rich in cysteine, a semi essential amino acid that boosts the level of the antioxidant glutathione. Eating more protein may promote fat loss by:
- Suppressing appetite and making you feel fuller throughout the day, which leads to less calorie intake.
- Boosting metabolism, which will help you to burn excess calories consumed in a day.
2. Casein protein: Casein is a slow release protein that is found in milk and cheese. Carrying the same amino acid profile as whey, casein is a slow releasing protein and absorbed at a different rate and helps to keep your muscles in an anabolic state for longer. The slow burning casein helps people to lose fat without feeling much hungry.
- Pea protein: Pea protein is totally plant based, making it clear that if you’re sensitive to gluten, lactose, soy or dairy then this is usually much easier on your tummy than most of the other types of protein. That means no bloating! It may aid weight loss by lowering ghrelin (I’m hungry) hormone levels, by keeping you satisfied and curbing your appetite in between meals. Also, decreasing ghrelin levels could potentially help in combating obesity.
- Supports healthy heart – If you wish to lower your cholesterol levels then consider taking pea protein, as it is free of cholesterol and saturated fats.
- Rich in Iron – Just one serving of peas protein can contribute to 25-30% of our daily nutritional requirement.
- Soy protein: Soy protein is a protein that is isolated from soybeans and is high in essential amino acids. It appeared to have caused weight loss not by reducing calorie intake but by altering the metabolism. It is also known as a good supplement for a consistent workout.
Why Whey Protein?
All proteins are more thermogenic than carbohydrates, but research shows that whey is indeed the most thermogenic, it is one of the most efficient for the people who are fitness focused and seeking weight loss. It’s a complete protein, easy to find and nutrient dense. Adding whey protein to your snacks will help your metabolism to stay high all day long.
How to know which protein powder is best for you?
The best way to choose protein powder is figuring out your protein intake in a day.
- Calculate how much protein you need in a day. Usual recommended is 0.75 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.
- Calculate your protein intake for a particular day.
- Calculate how much protein you consume from your diet.
- Now, once these things are done choose protein powder which fits in the budget, which has an optimum quantity of powder and good quality of protein.
How to add whey protein in your diet?
These protein powders can be easily incorporated into lots of different foods and of course, adding exercise would give the best results. Simply add them to your shakes, smoothies, porridge and oatmeal, making it ideal for people who are attempting to lose weight.
Beware of fake supplements!
There is a probability you’ve been using fake supplements for a long time without knowing it. Fake whey protein contains harmful chemicals, which can directly destroy your kidney and liver. They can even cause you stretch marks, acne problem, kidney stones and many more. Always buy authentic whey protein. Learn how to identify fake supplements
If you’re trying to decide which diet plan is going to be the most effective for weight loss, then we have the one you can easily stick to! At ParaFit, we believe in science-based nutrition and consistency by making you achieve your fitness goal in the shortest period of time. Subscribe to us today to achieve your fitness goals in the fastest way by eating all your favourite foods. We don’t make your diet. We just plan your meals efficiently so that you can eat good and look good.