Besan Cheela Recipe
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour/ gram flour)
- ½ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- Salt as needed
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsps. onions chopped finely
- 3 tbsps. tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Handful of coriander leaves chopped
- ⅔ to 1 cup water
- oil or ghee as needed
- To a mixing bowl, add besan, salt, ajwain and turmeric. Mix everything well.
- Add ginger, tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves and chilies. Pour enough water and make a batter of thick but pourable consistency.
- Heat a pan and grease it lightly with few drops of oil.
- Allow it to turn hot and reduce the flame to medium.
- Mix the batter well from the bottom. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center. Quickly spread it to a round cheela.
- Drizzle some oil around the edges and the center.
- Allow to cook until the edges leave the pan.
- Flip it to the other side.
- Press down the edges with a spatula. Fry until the cheela is cooked completely and gets golden spots.
- Serve besan cheela with some tea or chutney.
Total Fat: 2g