Tofu Veg Upma Recipe
- Raw semolina/rava/ sooji
- onion chopped
- a pinch of asafetida
- 2 green chili chopped
- 2-3 dried red chilies broken
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Add few veggies of your own choice
Method of preparing tofu veg upma
- Take a pan or skillet and heat it, add semolina and dry roast for 5 minutes on low medium heat.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add asafetida, mustard seed, cumin seed, curry leaves and dry red chilies. Sauté for a minute until the seeds start crackling.
- Add turmeric powder and chopped onions along with green chilies and cook until onions are slightly golden.
- Now add the chopped vegetables, stir in salt and 2 cups of water. Let the water start boiling.
- Once water is boiled for 5 minutes add the semolina and Cubes of Tofu. Stir and cook on low heat until upma starts thickening.
- Stir for 2 minutes more and serve it hot.
Read more healthy recipes here and informative health & nutrition related blogs.